Having a can-do mentality and a knack for communication are the key to success in this function.
In our young and multicultural company your main mission is to tend to our existing business relations, by managing and growing our portfolio of accounts. Your daily task is to consider incoming offers and to handle requests with an entrepreneurial and commercial spirit that matches the energy of our proactive team.
This is how you tackle your day. You:
- spend most of your time managing existing business relations, negotiating prices, working on payments and delivery terms
- follow up on offers, requests and pending deals, while keeping track of your entire order book
- gain extensive market knowledge and become an expert in your trading market, knowing exactly when to sell and buy, as well as to what margin
- work with our in-house Supply Chain Teams to ensure a smooth transaction and delivery of orders and deals
- keep your eyes and ears open for new business opportunities that pop up
- ensure your orders are neatly administered and your suppliers’ and clients’ financial and account information is up to date
This is you!
You get a thrill out of closing a successful deal and keeping your customers and suppliers informed and happy. You are an expert on juggling tasks, prioritizing and updating your to-do list by the minute. You enjoy developing long-lasting relationships with clients, so naturally, your communication and presentation skills are on point.
Desired skills and qualifications
- You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics or business
- You are fluent in English. Speaking one of the following languages is a big plus: Dutch, Spanish, Italian, French or Mandarin
- You have at least one year of experience in account management in an active sales/purchase/trading position
- You get a buzz from making your customers and suppliers happy, by being a proactive listening partner and finding quick solutions
- You can manage your own progress towards achieving strategic goals and targets
- You bring initiative to grow your market knowledge in a fast-paced international environment
- You enjoy spending parts of your work time travelling to different countries, meet customers, attend fairs and go on store checks to monitor current market and product developments
- You hold a valid driving license, so you can meet international clients at their office, when you are on a business trip
Being part of West Coast Supply Group means:
Having the freedom to find your own winning formula. We are a multicultural (we currently have 26+ nationalities in our team) and dynamic group of individuals, who all share a top-scoring mentality and a commercial mindset. You will feel part of our team, meet amazing colleagues, and make new friends in no time. West Coast Supply Group’s people make it a power factory; the open-minded and collaborative team is key to (y)our success: we cheer each other on, you can ask for help, and you have the freedom to be your own entrepreneur.
You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary & benefits à la carte package, including a 13th month salary, options for selling and buying vacation days, a Diversity Day and much more…
- A customized plan with your personal and professional goals and growth opportunities
- Open ears for your innovation and ideas, and room for realizing them
- A warm and healthy lunch in our restaurant
- An after-lunch stroll along the beautiful canals of Leiden, right outside the office or the time to challenge your colleagues to a game of ping pong, darts or table soccer.
- A celebratory kroket: Every great deal gets cheered on with a free kroket for everyone. Yay!
- A drink at the bar on our top floor every Friday afternoon
- Awesome team events and legendary annual parties.
Contact us and tell us more about who you are by applying with your resume and cover letter addressed to Mr. Peer Biesterveld, Recruiter. Check our website here for more information about what it is like to work with us and here to learn more about what we do.
You can find more information about our privacy statement on the following page: http://jobs.westcoastsupplygroup.com/privacy-policy