Are you ready to work for a leading international trading house and help build our success? Are you looking for an internship as of September 2023?
Then we are a perfect match for you!
For our logistics team we are looking for an Intern who wants to learn how a forwarding department of an international company works. You will also gain practical knowledge that will be extremely useful in your field in the future.
You will be working in a very fast growing company. Because the business is growing, the logistics department is constantly changing. At this moment the team takes care of the logistics to and from more than 70 countries. All modalities are covered: sea, rail, road & air. They are the pivot between traders and their customers. The team currently consists of 5 colleagues and can be described as young and driven.
This is what your day looks like:
The focus of this internship is to gain knowledge and insight within the entire responsibility of a logistics department. The tasks in your internship can therefore fall within different areas, such as:
- Assist the team in processing and managing import and/or export shipments from A to Z in more than 70 countries worldwide
- Get in touch with the modalities road, rail, air & sea
- Help with updating reports and prepare monthly review sessions
- Help with the testing of new systems and their roll-out (project management)
- Work well in a team environment and assist other colleagues as needed
- Assist in coordinating all freight flow, customs clearance and delivery of import freight.
- Arrange for booking, trucking for export shipments
This is you!
- You are busy with a logistics MBO or HBO education;
- You are available 32-40 hours per week for at least 4 months;
- You speak and write fluent Dutch and English.
- You are a real pro: flexible, decisive, accurate and proactive;
- You think along with your team. Together you go for solutions and results;
- Of course you have good communication and social skills.
Why West Coast Supply Group?
Because we get you your coffee as an intern with us, and we will teach you a lot in a short period of time. We are used to working with interns in our learning environment and offer you unique opportunities to grow and develop. We have a young team, so you will easily connect with others. In addition, we really are the nicest, most international and dynamic company you will want to work for! Check our website here for more information about what it is like to work with us and here to learn more about what we do.
- Internship compensation;
- challenge, variation, fun and a lot of serious responsibility within a fast-growing, internationally operating organization that dares to think big;
- fast-paced and demanding work environment, but also time for a joint lunch in our restaurant, and a drink at the bar on our top floor every Friday afternoon;
- fun team events and legendary annual parties;
- open ears for innovations and ideas;
- personal plan created to help you and us grow;
- stimulating, international and commercial environment. A few key words: informal, no-nonsense, future-oriented, focus on development and success.
Contact us and tell us more about who you are by applying with your resume and cover letter addressed to Ms Alexandra Pinkasova, HR Officer
You can find more information about our privacy statement on the following page: http://jobs.westcoastsupplygroup.com/privacy-policy