Do you also have the vision and the power of persuasion to get things done? Then we are looking for you as our new Category Buyer to join our team!
For our Foods team, we are looking for a Category Buyer to help us reach our commercial targets. You have experience in Category Management and are ready to set the vision and strategy yourself! Of course you are aware of trends and know the market needs. You get energy from using the right tactics so you can buy at the best price. You do this in cooperation with the Sales Manager. Working with KPIs gives you guidance and value. With your ability to connect with people, you work closely with the other teams and all the departments involved, such as Operations, Supply Chain and Finance. As a Category Buyer, you travel regularly and make sure that you build good a relationship with suppliers.
You will be working in a very fast-growing company and also a successful division. Because the business is growing, the Foods division is constantly on the move. The entire team consists of approximately 25 colleagues and can best be described as dynamic, ambitious and driven. On a daily basis, you will interact frequently with the Sales Manager, Division Leader and external stakeholders. In this role, you will report directly to the Division Leader.
This is how you tackle your day. You:
- Source and actively approach new (international) suppliers;
- Set up and realize a category plan;
- Maintain and expand the relationship with suppliers;
- Have total responsibility for the realization of defined targets in the area of turnover and margin and for making necessary adjustments if targets are not realized;
- Monitor and analyze the range of products with the aim of ordering the right articles on time;
- Proactively follow market and product developments and identify opportunities and trends;
- Translate market research into concrete commercial plans, actions and product range;
- Assess and follow up on the newly offered products;
- Negotiate prices, payments and delivery conditions;
- Maintain contact with various internal and external stakeholders.
This is You!
- You have a completed a higher vocational education (hbo) level.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a Category Buyer function within a medium-sized or large retail organization or a sales function on the manufacturer's side.
- You are an expert in negotiating and making (price) agreements and commercial plans.
- You are result-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit, a good and professional conversation partner and you know how to convince and activate others;
- You are aware of the trends in the market
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You are flexible and you do not avoid a challenge to develop processes and the relevant category
- A solid sparring partner at all levels, both inside and outside the organization
- You have a demonstrated affinity with Food products.
Being part of West Coast Supply Group means:
Having the freedom to find your own winning formula. We are a multicultural (we currently have 26+ nationalities in our team) and dynamic group of individuals, who all share a top-scoring mentality and a commercial mindset. You will feel part of our team, meet amazing colleagues, and make new friends, in no time. West Coast Supply Group’s people make it a power factory; the open-minded and collaborative team are key to (y)our success: we cheer each other on, you can ask for help, and you have the freedom to be your own entrepreneur.
You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary & benefits à la carte package, options for selling and buying vacation days, a Diversity Day and much more…
- A customized plan with your personal and professional goals and growth opportunities
- Open ears for your innovation and ideas, and room for realizing them
- A warm and healthy lunch in our restaurant
- An after-lunch stroll along the beautiful canals of Leiden, right outside the office or the time to challenge your colleagues to a game of ping pong or table soccer
- A celebratory kroket: Every great deal gets cheered on with a free kroket for everyone. Yay!
- A drink at the bar on our top floor every Friday afternoon
- Awesome team events and legendary annual parties
Contact us and tell us more about who you are by applying with your resume and cover letter addressed to Mrs. Paula Valencia, Recruiter.
Check our website here for more information about what it is like to work with us and here to learn more about what we do.
You can find more information about our privacy statement on the following page: http://jobs.westcoastsupplygroup.com/privacy-policy