We are looking for an energetic International Trader with sharp senses and a keen eye for spotting and landing new business opportunities. In our fast-paced international trading team, covering a total of 75+ countries in the FMCG industry, you get the freedom to create and grow your own market.
In our young and multicultural company your main mission is to acquire new trading relations to create (y)our portfolio. Hunting is in your genes: you get a kick out of chasing new customers and suppliers and finding the sweet spot between buying and selling. You have all the freedom and responsibility to explore your market, create new business partnerships and close the deal.
This is how you tackle your day. You:
- are always on the lookout for new deals and business opportunities, while enjoying the game of researching and identifying potential business partners
- negotiate prices, payment and delivery terms with new and existing relations
- follow up on offers, requests and pending deals, while keeping track of your entire order book
- gain extensive market knowledge and become an expert in your trading market, knowing exactly when to sell and buy, as well as to what margin
- work with our in-house Supply Chain Teams to ensure a smooth transaction and delivery of orders and deals
- ensure your suppliers’ and clients’ financial and account information is up to date
This is you!
You get a thrill out of chasing the best deal and landing new business. You are adventurous and enjoy the challenging and fast-paced environment that international trading has to offer. You are an expert on juggling tasks, prioritizing and making quick decisions with a sharp, commercial mind.
Desired skills and qualifications
- You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics or business
- You are fluent in English. Speaking one of the following languages is a big plus: Dutch, Spanish, Italian, French or Mandarin
- You have at least one year of experience in an active sales/purchase/trading position
- You take a creative approach to obstacles and show a demonstrated ability in developing long-term business relationships
- You can manage your own progress towards achieving strategic goals and targets
- You enjoy having a great amount of freedom and responsibility
- You are driven, determined and able to keep your cool under challenging circumstances
- You enjoy spending loads of your work time travelling to different countries, meet customers, attend fairs and go on store checks to monitor current market and product developments
- You hold a valid driving license, so you can meet international clients at their office, when you are on a business trip
Being part of West Coast Supply Group means:
Having the freedom to find your own winning formula. We are a multicultural (we currently have 26+ nationalities in our team) and dynamic group of individuals, who all share a top-scoring mentality and a commercial mindset. You will feel part of our team, meet amazing colleagues, and make new friends, in no time. West Coast Supply Group’s people make it a power factory; the open-minded and collaborative team are key to (y)our success: we cheer each other on, you can ask for help, and you have the freedom to be your own entrepreneur.
You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary & benefits à la carte package, including a 13th month salary, options for selling and buying vacation days, a Diversity Day and much more…
- A customized plan with your personal and professional goals and growth opportunities
- Open ears for your innovation and ideas, and room for realizing them
- A warm and healthy lunch in our restaurant
- An after-lunch stroll along the beautiful canals of Leiden, right outside the office or the time to challenge your colleagues to a game of ping pong, darts or table soccer
- A celebratory kroket: Every great deal gets cheered on with a free kroket for everyone. Yay!
- A drink at the bar on our top floor every Friday afternoon
- Awesome team events and legendary annual parties
Contact us and tell us more about who you are by applying with your resume and cover letter addressed to Mr. Peer Biesterveld, Recruiter
Check our website here for more information about what it is like to work with us and here to learn more about what we do.
You can find more information about our privacy statement on the following page: http://jobs.westcoastsupplygroup.com/privacy-policy