As a Paralegal at West Coast Supply Group, a multinational wholesale trading company in FMCG premium brands (covering a total of 75+ countries in the FMCG industry), you will be instrumental to the further development of a world-class Enabling Function, responsible for the provision of Legal and Compliance services for all our departments and divisions. You report directly to the General Counsel and work in a stimulating, international and commercial environment.
This is how you tackle your day. You:
- Coordinate all legal corporate housekeeping as related to all group entities worldwide;
- Coordinate and monitor filing of these legal documents on our state-of-the-art legal database;
- Ensure the legal database remains well organized, up to date and coordinate any changes with the relevant business owners and access users from the different departments and divisions;
- Initial review of (basic) legal documents;
- Are the key person to coordinate internal (e-)signing of all legal documents as well as fully executed versions by external parties;
- Are the key person to review and complete compliance and due diligence requests from our customers/suppliers;
- Initiate and complete third party checks on new customers/suppliers;
- Being the first point of contact to internal customers for legal support (via internal Legal e-mail address);
- Take the lead in exploring and developing further Legal Operations initiatives, such as a customer intake and a team collaboration platform; and
- Conduct legal research and keep track of new legislation, market developments and proactively advise the other members of the Legal team on this.
This is you!
Our Paralegal is an energetic and driven personality with a can-do mentality. You are responsible, committed to quality work and know how to prioritize your work. You are a good communicator and like to work in a team. You always go the extra mile.
- Education level: HBO Legal Management or Bachelor / Master’s degree in Law (preferable with emphasis on Company Law);
- You are available 24-40 hours a week;
- Experience in working with a contract management database and legal corporate housekeeping (i.e. maintaining and filing corporate records, as well as drafting/reviewing board and shareholder resolutions);
- Structured, well-organized and attention to detail;
- You have the ability to form strong working relationships with colleagues;
- Analytical skills as well as a strong affinity with IT and data;
- Enthusiastic about Legal Operations and Compliance;
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in other languages is a big plus;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), good knowledge of Excel;
Being part of West Coast Supply Group means:
Having the freedom to find your own winning formula. We are a multicultural (we currently have 26+ nationalities in our team) and dynamic group of individuals, who all share a top-scoring mentality and a commercial mindset. You will feel part of our team, meet amazing colleagues, and make new friends in no time. West Coast Supply Group’s people make it a power factory; the open-minded and collaborative team is key to (y)our success: we cheer each other on, you can ask for help, and you have the freedom to be your own entrepreneur.
You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary & benefits à la carte package, including a 13th month salary, options for selling and buying vacation days, a Diversity Day and much more…
- A customized plan with your personal and professional goals and growth opportunities
- Open ears for your innovation and ideas, and room for realising them
- A warm and healthy lunch in our restaurant
- An after-lunch stroll along the beautiful canals of Leiden, right outside the office or the time to challenge your colleagues to a game of ping pong, darts or table soccer
- A celebratory kroket: every great deal gets cheered on with a free kroket for everyone. Yay!
- A drink at the bar on our top floor every Friday afternoon
- Awesome team events and legendary annual parties
Contact us and tell us more about who you are by applying with your resume and cover letter addressed to Esther Schudel, Recruiter.
Check our website here for more information about what it is like to work with us and here to learn more about what we do.
You can find more information about our privacy statement on the following page: http://jobs.westcoastsupplygroup.com/privacy-policy