In our fast-paced international trading team, covering a total of 75+ countries in the FMCG industry, your main mission is to acquire new trading relations to create (y)our portfolio. For our spirited and multicultural company, we are looking for an energetic International Trader with sharp senses and a keen eye for spotting and landing new business opportunities
If hunting is in your genes, you get a kick out of chasing new customers and suppliers and finding the sweet spot between buying and selling, then, at West Coast Supply Group, you have all the freedom and responsibility to explore, create and grow your market, start new business partnerships, and close the deal.
Imagine, on a typical day, you:
- Are always on the lookout for new deals and business opportunities, while enjoying the game of researching and identifying potential business partners;
- Negotiate prices, payment, and delivery terms with new and existing relations;
- Follow up on offers, requests and pending deals, while keeping track of your entire order book;
- Gain extensive market knowledge and become an expert in your trading market, knowing exactly when to sell and buy, as well as to what margin;
- Ensure your suppliers’ and clients’ financial and account information is up to date;
- Work with our in-house Supply Chain Teams to ensure a smooth transaction and delivery of orders and deals.
Desired skills and qualifications
- You live in the Netherlands.
- You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics or business.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have at least one year of experience in an active sales/purchase/trading position.
- You take a creative approach to obstacles and show a demonstrated ability in developing long-term business relationships.
- You can manage your own progress towards achieving strategic goals and targets.
- You enjoy having a great amount of freedom and responsibility.
- You are driven, determined and able to keep your cool under challenging circumstances.
- You enjoy spending loads of your work time travelling to Australia, New Zealand and other contries, meet customers, attend fairs, and go on store checks to monitor current market and product developments.
Being part of West Coast Supply Group means:
Having the freedom to find your own winning formula. We are a multicultural (we currently have 30+ nationalities in our team) and dynamic group of individuals, who all share a top-scoring mentality and a commercial mindset. You will feel part of our team, meet amazing colleagues, and make new friends, in no time. West Coast Supply Group’s people make it a power factory; the open-minded and collaborative team are key to (y)our success: we cheer each other on, you can ask for help, and you have the freedom to be your own entrepreneur.
You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary & benefits à la carte package, options for selling and buying vacation days, a Diversity Day and much more…
- A customized plan with your personal and professional goals and growth opportunities.
- Open ears for your innovation and ideas, and room for realizing them.
- A warm and healthy lunch in our restaurant The Admiraal.
- An after-lunch stroll along the beautiful canals of Leiden, right outside the office or the time to challenge your colleagues to a game of ping pong, darts, or table soccer.
- A drink at the bar on our top floor every Friday afternoon.
- Awesome team events and legendary annual parties.