We are looking for someone that is capable of expanding and developing our current retail business in the field of Professional Haircare.
You will be working alongside the team of buyers as well as your own retail team, currently consisting of 1 other person. Our goal is to expand the retail business through opening new retailers, haircare brands, as well as developing our existing portfolio of retailers.
As part of West Coast Supply Group, a company playing in the FMCG industry leagues, covering more than 75 countries and with the vision that all territories can be conquered, your main mission is to bring our retail business to the next level.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic person who has been proven to be an expert in the retail field. You will be given full ownership and responsibility over our retail business and how you think we should move forward to achieve our long-term plans.
As an expert you get a kick out of closing new retailers and opening new markets, collaborating with a solid team in an environment where you totally have freedom to explore, create and grow your portfolio, start new business partnerships, and close deals.
Imagine, on a typical day, you:
- Follow up on new business opportunities with retailers.
- Work closely with branded product distribution partners to fulfill their requirements.
- Develop and execute the retail strategic plan for the Professional Hair Case division in the short and mid-term, identifying current and new opportunities.
- You manage your customer relationships and contribute to the expansion of the retail network. Including the selection of international customers across Europe or outside, where contact is by telephone, but you also travel to the customer a few times a year.
- You think proactively about the growth of the retail branch and suggest data-driven ideas and strategic suggestions.
- Cold acquisition of new business
- Planning and preparing presentations to business partners and other interested parties.
- Negotiate prices, payment, and delivery terms with new and existing relationships.
- Work with our in-house Supply Chain Teams to ensure a smooth transaction and delivery of orders and deals.
Desired skills and qualifications
- You live in the Netherlands.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have at least three years of experience in retail sales.
- You are an expert in the retail field and have affinity in FMCG.
- Strong ability to build and nurture interpersonal relationships, both internally and externally.
- You like to work in a young, fast-paced and energetic environment.
- You are flexible and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You enjoy spending loads of your work time traveling to different countries, meeting customers, attend fairs, and go on store checks to monitor current market and product developments.
Being part of West Coast Supply Group means:
Having the freedom to find your own winning formula. We are a multicultural (we currently have 30+ nationalities in our team) and dynamic group of individuals, who all share a top-scoring mentality and a commercial mindset. You will feel part of our team, meet amazing colleagues, and make new friends, in no time. West Coast Supply Group’s people make it a power factory; the open-minded and collaborative team are key to (y)our success: we cheer each other on, you can ask for help, and you have the freedom to be your own entrepreneur.
You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary & benefits à la carte package (bike/car plan), work from home flexibility, options for selling and buying vacation days, a Diversity Day and much more…
- A customized plan with your personal and professional goals and growth opportunities.
- Open ears for your innovation and ideas, and room for realizing them.
- A warm and healthy lunch in our restaurant The Admiraal.
- An after-lunch stroll along the beautiful canals of Leiden, right outside the office or the time to challenge your colleagues to a game of ping pong, darts, or table soccer.
- A drink at the bar, good music vibes on our top floor every Friday afternoon
- Awesome team events and legendary annual parties.